Friday, December 28, 2007

My Favorite Moments of 2007

As I only recently started working as an Account Coordinator here at Weber Shandwick, it might seem that I would be at a loss for a favorite memory this year. However this is not the case. I loved being introduced to the travel team, getting brought in on each one of my accounts, and I especially loved the feeling that I was finally making a personal contribution to the team. With all of these milestones aside, I have to say that my favorite moment here was meeting with Kelly, our client from the New Orleans Metropolitan Convention and Visitors Bureau. This was my first real client interaction, so I was very proud to attend her lecture at the Cision conference, and listen to her coverage on all of the progress the city of New Orleans has made, with the help of Weber Shandwick, since Hurricane Katrina. At this moment, I really understood the depth and reach that our work achieved, and how our unique focus and effort really helped improve the quality of life for residents of New Orleans. After her speech at the conference, we went to lunch and discussed everything from southern Creole cooking to our 2008 goals for the city. I really felt like I was connecting with our client and that I was finally a fully accountable member of the team. I felt proud to be part of the PR effort that had created such dramatic results for the hurricane ravaged city, and I felt like my job was more important than just the day-to-day tasks, but that our work really made an impact and improved the quality of life for many thousands of people.


Katharine



No comments: