Tuesday, January 8, 2008

It's All Downhill from Here...

In many ways, 2007 was a life changing year for me with two new hobbies topping the list: cooking and skiing. Today I write about skiing since I’ve recently hit that tipping point from enthusiast to avid. Recently I met a fellow originally from Mozambique whose wife said she has a hard time getting him to go anywhere north of NYC…way too cold (“you know that Africa thing”). I reassured her that while it took my husband 10 years to convince this warm blooded Brazilian to venture out on the slopes, I am now completely obsessed with the sport and always look forward to winter. This past year we were at Killington, Jackson Hole, Snowbird, Alta, Deer Valley and Park City Mountain. Next year we’re going abroad. (If any of my clients are reading, this gal needs a Canadian ski vacation!) Guess I have a lot of catching up to do for all those years sipping fruity cocktails at the beach. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Come to think of it, becoming a skier is the perfect New Year’s resolution. You get the best work out of your life and eat all the food you want guilt-free…and cozying up by the fireplace sure beats sweating by the sea.


Renata


No comments: