Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Whirlwind Tour

Two weeks into working at Weber Shandwick, I was pulled into a meeting with some of my Bahamas team members. I dutifully took notes the entire time, taking down all of the important details being discussed regarding the upcoming Bahamas Weather Conference. At one point, I was instructed to “book Keri’s flight.” As I added this task to my To-Do list, I noticed everyone in the room staring at me, awaiting my reaction. It wasn’t until someone asked me if I had a valid passport, did I realize that I had been asked to book a flight for myself to The Bahamas!

A week and a half later, I stepped off the plane in Nassau/Paradise Island on my first ever trip to The Islands Of The Bahamas. I stared out the window in awe of the clear, turquoise water and white sand beaches on the entire ride to Atlantis, where we were staying for the week. The four days of the Weather Conference flew by and upon boarding the plane back to New York, I knew MUCH more about hurricanes, conch fritters, and the intelligent and eclectic group of individuals I work with everyday at Weber Shandwick.

Meredith

No comments: