Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The View from Travelville

Sitting in the corner of Weber Shandwick’s 16 Floor (or better known as “Travelville” to us globetrotters), certainly puts me in a prime location. As I crank out a press release, aggressively pitch media and update my status reports, I can overhear my co-workers chatter about what they’re working and I can’t help but get excited about all of the events happening within our Travel & Lifestyle Practice (as cheesy as it may sound). From Canada’s sponsorship of holiday events in NYC’s Bryant Park to Holiday Inn Express’ Web-based series “The Smart Show” to the launch of a new Royal Caribbean cruise ship, it’s certainly never a dull moment here in Travelville. While we all seem to work on unique projects, I can honestly say that most memorable experience here for me has been working on the multi-market “Forever New Orleans” streetcar tour – a media tour and series of events aimed to bring the best of New Orleans culture to major U.S. cities and help people overcome their misperceptions of The Crescent City post-Katrina. Assisting in the transportation of a 1920s vintage streetcar (one that serves as a mobile museum and billboard) to various cities certainly was a challenge, but in the end, the results made it a one-of-a-kind experience.

Jennifer


No comments: