Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Moving In

2007 has been a busy and exciting year, abundant with change. I started working in the travel group at Weber Shandwick at the end of the summer. During my first few weeks as the newest member of the team, due to the lack of office space, my desk was located on a different floor in what was known as the “party pit,” an area of desks occupied by employees from various departments of the firm. As much as I enjoyed sitting with my fellow colleagues in the pit, I was eager to be with “my people”. After a few short weeks at 640 Fifth Ave. The entire New York office moved to 919 Third Ave. Once the office move was complete, I was finally able to join the group (physically) and learn about the excitement of the travel team. For this reason, I would have to say that the move was my favorite part of 2007 as it allowed me to finally sit with and work with the full team and be a part of the group. Full of high energy and creativity, being a part of the Travel Group has been an amazing experience for me.

Working on accounts like Hilton Head Island, Royal Caribbean, and Hard Rock Park, I’ve had the privilege of working with various team members who have all gone out of their way to make sure my first few months at Weber Shandwick have been nothing but positive. From my past professional experience, the people in the work place and personalities are one of the most important factors of a job and I feel so fortunate to work with the great people I’ve met so far. Each day is a new, unique learning experience and you never know what you’re going to get. But that’s what makes it so exciting and challenging and I can’t wait to see what 2008 has in store for us. Wishing everyone a joyous holiday season and happy New Year.

Lauren

No comments: